Monday, May 3, 2010

Shop: Piece

by Designing Mom Erin of Piece

I began writing for Designing Moms with so many great ideas about sharing my passion for green design and then almost immediately became super busy with some projects I’ve been working on. One of those projects is opening up a shop on Big Cartel. I translated sketches into organic cotton that I then cut out and appliqued onto items of clothing. So far, the site only has onesies, but I am working on kids’ t-shirts and then I will move onto adults. It all would have been much faster if I had used Big Cartel’s templates, but as a designer, I want everything to be custom - I want to design all the components. Luckily for me, I have a husband who can turn my photoshop layouts into a working webpage. The poor guy - the only free time he has had after the kids go to sleep has been eaten up by my projects. But now he feels just as invested in the project as I do. So here it is: www.piece.bigcartel.com.

Let me know what you think and pass the link on to those who are looking for something a little different for their little ones than the regular blue with ducks or pink with butterflies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails