Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Decorate: Paint Colors

By Designing Mom Guissell

Another easy, but not necessarily cheap, way of renovating your home is through paint. Last year I decided that it was time my small NY apt to get some face-lifting so I decided to paint every room. Prior to motherhood I was your white walls type of gal, very city of me eh? Minimalist was the safe way when it came to interior home décor for me. But now that toys have become permanent residents in my home I've embraced the need of color!


Here are some before and after shots of my bathroom I thought I share to exemplify the power of paint. I used BEHR paint color Ocean Kiss (510E-3) for the walls and for the cabinet Bitter Chocolate (790B-7). I kept the ceiling white since this bathroom is small as it is! The color inspiration... The $2 hand towel from Target pictured there.

If you don't know what colors work best together, grab a home magazine for room samples. If you want to get technical, then check out this link on color theory & wheel.

1 comment:

baby r.t. and house too said...

I think my bathroom is the same color. Designing Moms think alike! Kira

Related Posts with Thumbnails